- Are you targeting to get your first 1000 subscribers on YouTube?
- Do you really want to grow your YouTube channel very fast?
- Do you wish to build an engaging community of people on YouTube?
7 Best Giveaway contest Ideas for Youtube Content Creators these are one of the best ways to attract new potential YouTube viewers, keep them engaged, and grow your YouTube community from 0 to 1,000 to 100,000 to 1 Million.
And in this article, you will find the best giveaway contest ideas that anyone of you can use to grow your YouTube channel.
However, before starting further, I would suggest you go through the YouTube contest policy to avoid any legal issues against you or your channel.
Here are a few points that you should focus on:
- It must be free to enter the giveaway contest.
- Have concrete rules that say if an entry is not valid and which disclose any sponsorship
- Prizes must be awarded as outlined in your rules, and your contest should be conducted according to them.
- You must clarify that YouTube doesn’t sponsor your giveaway and isn’t liable for it.
Remember that these rules are the highlights of YouTube policy. So, it’s better to go through the policy yourself and ensure that your content is following every rule as per YouTube guidelines.
Now, if you are ready, let’s get started with our list of giveaway contest ideas for YouTube.
1. Subscribe and win a contest
Winning by subscribing is one of the easiest giveaways that any YouTuber can start. In this contest, you will ask your audience to subscribe to your YouTube channel and turn on the bell notification to a chance to win a prize by entering the contest.
As the contest duration ends, you will randomly select a winner among those subscribers who entered within the contest duration.
Since this is among the simplest giveaway contest, and quite common for new YouTubers. And in most cases, these contests are fake or winners never get revealed, and the way they chose ends up in less engagement further down the lane, and eventually, you’ll lose the subscribers you gained.
So, to stay transparent, you simply have to correct the structure of how you’re going to select a winner. Well announcing the winner during the live session is the best way to gain the trust of your new subscribers. This way, you’ll build more credibility for your contest.
To see the recent subscribers,
- Go to studio.youtube.com
- Click on the recent subscriber’s card
- Click on view all, and you can sort the recent subscriber list.
2. Co-hosting live sessions
If you already have an enormous audience base on YouTube, people would definitely like to get featured on your channel in some other way that can give them recognition in the industry.
In this context, you’ll ask your viewers an issue and therefore the user with the simplest answers will get an opportunity to co-host subsequent episodes, interview an industry leader, or do anything related to your channel content.
3. Contest topic suggestion
For any YouTuber, his audience is the best source for content ideas, but sometimes you have to offer things to encourage your viewers to share their amazing ideas and what they would like to watch on your channel.
So, as the contest starts or during live sessions you can ask your viewers to share what topic they would like you to cover within the next video or suggest any new content ideas. Then, you’ll choose the simplest ideas and announce the winners in the following video.
4. The next guest show – Recommend or Suggested
If you run a talk show on your YouTube channel, this is going to be the best idea to engage your viewers and get them someone whom they love to listen to on your shows.
You can organize this contest in different ways. Here are two ways that I’ll recommend:
- Voting for the next guest – You can pick a few names you think your viewers would love to watch on your channel and ask them to vote for the person they would like to see next. This strategy is often useful if you’ve got been trying to urge a recognized personality in your show but couldn’t win him/her. You can use the statistics to point out to them what proportion your audience wants to ascertain him on your channel.
- Recommend the next guest – In this strategy, you can suggest a topic you want to cover in your next video and ask your viewers to recommend someone you should get in touch with.
With this contest idea, it is not necessary that you should get the recommended guest only on the show, keeping your audience updated with where you are in the conversation with them is a must.
5. Live sessions with some activity
In this context, you can ask your viewers to do some activity during live sessions to enter the contest and announce the winner(s) at the end of the session.
Some activities that you can include during YouTube Live are as follows-
- Ask relevant questions in the chatbox
- Subscribe to your newsletter
- Join the community
- Follow on other social channels
- Sign Up for your free or paid courses
The best part of this contest is that the viewers stay engaged throughout the live session and keep them staying longer in order that they will know the winners.
And if your viewers engage more on your live videos: then YouTube pushes your videos on a recommendation to most potential viewers.
6. Get a chance to be featured
If you are in a self-development or personal building kind of space, your viewers would love to participate in this contest.
You are creating content that can encourage your viewers to grow and perform much better in their personal and professional life. And I’m sure that most people will love to share their stories to inspire others – offer them a chance to put their perspective in front of your viewers.
Doing this, will not only help you build stronger relationships with your viewers but also encourages viewers to keep up the excellent work they are doing and this will help them in getting a feeling of success whatever they are up to.
7. Featuring Guest posts
Are you a content writer or a blogger?
Is your website performing well in your community? Well, this giveaway contest idea is just for you.
As a content creator, you must be aware of how people struggle for building personal brands from scratch, and the best way to build your own powerful brand is guest blogging.
So, if you have a blog performing really well in your community, you can offer a chance to newbies with skills and knowledge to publish guest posts or become a contributor to your website.
Basically, this contest is for building authority in the community by giving opportunities to those who are just getting started and deserve a push to grow.
YouTube giveaway is an amazing way to build & grow your YouTube channel to attract more subscribers, but it doesn’t have to be like that.
The motive of your contest should be to engage your current audience base and get to know what they expect from you in a much more exciting way. Focusing only on getting more subscribers isn’t a good deal rather than trying to add value to your existing ones, you might get new subscribers, but you might also lose old subs.
Remember, being a content creator isn’t easy, keep up the warmth. YouTube growth is not about the number of subscribers you have but how engaging your audience is. So, going further, pick the right giveaway contest idea.
Well now if you also have any YouTube Contest Ideas that you would like to add here? Let me know via commenting below.